Are you tired of making New Year’s Resolutions that you never achieve? What are you going to do differently this year so that you achieve your New Year’s Resolution? If you keep doing the same things you did in previous years, you will get the same outcome, so it’s time to take a new approach. Empower yourself to achieve your goals this year by having a plan of how to do it and then taking action.
Here are 7 simple steps you can take to greatly increase your chances of success.
- Write down your goal, why it is important to you, how much better you will feel when you have achieved it and how your life will improve. This will help motivate you to achieve it.
- Break the goal down into several small and achievable steps. List the steps in order.
- Tick off and celebrate each step as you achieve it. Celebrating each small success motivates you to continue working towards your goal. Celebrate in a way that is meaningful to you. E.g. For every day that you cut down on the cigarettes or junk food, put the money in a jar to go towards treating yourself with a massage or a new dress.
- Ask others for support– friends, family, a counsellor or support group– this gives you a much higher chance of success. It helps if you let them know the specific things that will help you. (Your idea of support may be totally different to their ideas about what you might need).
- Pray and/or Meditate on your goal. Ask God, Budda, The Universe, Angels (or whatever you believe in) for support and guidance in setting and achieving your goals. Ask for the willingness to change, for the wisdom to overcome blocks easily, and for the courage and motivation to take action.
- Be Persistent. This goal is important to you and you deserve to achieve it, so don’t give up. Motivation will come and go, so if you wait until you feel motivated you probably won’t achieve anything. No more excuses – just do it!
- Make it fun and enjoy the process. Remember, Life is a Journey, not a Destination!
If you would like assistance and support in setting or achieving your goals in 2014, please call me for a FREE 20 minute “Discovery Chat” so you can decide if I am the right person to work with you and have your questions answered. Individual sessions are available in Glen Waverley/Wheelers Hill or via Skype or telephone.
Call NOW Ph 0419 109 339
© Bernadette Blake 2014 www.BeEmpoweredNow.com.au